The Installation and Fabrication Plastics Pipe Association (IFPA) is an association of The South African Plastic Pipe Manufacturers Association (SAPPMA) and serves to expand the regulation of the Plastic Pipe Industry in Southern Africa and attend to fabrication and installation matters.
Formed in 2004, SAPPMA represents the interests of plastic pipe businesses in Southern Africa and addresses matters such as product quality, sound technical information, market education, environment and ethics.
The objective of IFPA is to establish a CODE OF CONDUCT that will ensure:
- A consistently high standard of fabrication and installation
- Commitment to honest business practices and ethical standards
- Support and assistance to consulting engineers and customers who specify or use these products and services
- A reliable database of approved installers
- Compliance with the Competition Act 89 of 1998
- Ensuring that members comply with all environmental laws and regulations
IFPA is open to all fabricators and installers of plastic pipe, as well as suppliers of pipe fittings and related equipment. Companies interested in applying for membership have to pass an audit of their systems and standards. In addition to becoming a member, a code of conduct needs to be signed by the managing director of the business.
This ensures that only businesses who adhere to quality specifications and ethics are part of the association, allowing for the promotion of quality companies that are able to lead and set a high industry standard.
Quality in the fabrication sector is imperative in positively reflecting the industry and the goods the industry produces, and speaks to the voice of the customer.
The benefits of joining the IFPA include:
- SAPPMA approval as a recommended supplier
- Access to the latest information on welder training and certification
- Extended welder re-certification period due to annual IFPA Audits
- SABS Interaction
- Use of IFPA Logo
- Access to Bend Testing capabilities
- Access to SABS Standards
- Valid complaints or queries are handled by a central body
- Factory audits & ad hoc product testing of IFPA members
- Participation in the only representative plastics pipe installation forum
- Listing on SAPPMA website
- Social interaction and networking opportunities at association events
- Code of Conduct differentiates members as high quality companies
- Keep up to date with latest standards and industry practices